Dan / The Day

 Dan / The Day

At the Cross

Well ... Mr. Grncarsky had a girlfriend and the girlfriend was from Belgrade the capital of Serbia). Moreover, Mr. Grncarsky is a well bred and responsible person. Thus, he realized the time has come to pay back what he owns to his country. So, in 1980, he was another one who joined Yugoslav People's Army. Having completed the service, he left Bela Crkva for Belgrade to stay close to Ljilja (Lylia - it is the name of his girlfriend; who was to become his wife and mother of their three children) and complete his college. Namely, only freaks could (and sill can in Serbia) hope to meet their ends by playing R'N'R. Yet, Mr. Grncarsky wasn't a freak whatsoever. So, the band lost its bass guitar player.

After being in love with one nice girl since the time immemorial, Mr. Ristic suddenly declared the change of the romantic course of his life. It had something to do with the world of matrimonial business. Namely, he married the girl nobody had ever heard of (during the wedding party, the groom's best friend was already mentioned Mr. Stanojlovic). Before long, it came the delivery and Mr. Ristic found himself in an embarrassing position of being responsible for the prosperity of his family. So, not without some restrains, he stepped into the world of folk music playing drums in party bands at restaurants. For the sake of fairness, at the time, it was the only way to survive as a professional musician in communist Yugoslavia. Therefore, apart from the bass guitar player, the band also lost its percussionist and the Last Step was again at the cross.



_________________________________________________
 
TO YOU MY LOVE

I shelter in fear,
fearing endlessly.
Despair is what I am;
Tell me what to do
 Missing you in pain.

Make me hear the voice,
Darling, take me there;
Make my body May,
Open all the doors,
Crisp the time and air.

Create a blaze of light,
Turn us madly on, 
Make us rabies dogs,
Excite your body, squeeze,
In take me, deep, oh, jeez.

Such affection reigns,
I feel exulting plains,
Yet, what I try to do,
Is to be by myself,
Digging my own grave.

Throughout my last days,
I’ll stumble all alone,
My eyes stuck at white,
Frozen, tearless, blight.
 What a couple I am?

The features of my face,
Two souls they embrace,
Hater on both sides,
Bloody eyes at eyes,
No tears - just glass resides.

No, I’m not the one,
Worthy of loving anyone,
For underneath my breasts,
I’m a frightened beast,
Frightened as greatest fear.

With bones of those like me
Sins play the game of wrath,
Rolling skulls to hell,
Drinking blood from well,
Until the day of days.

_________________________________________________

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vestica / The Witch

Zaboravi / Forget - Live recording